Know-How to Distill Essential Oils
- Can I distill essential oils and hydrosols myself at home?
- How can I separate the essential oil from the plant water after the distillation?
- Which still is optimal for the essential oil steam distillation?
- Which plants can I use for the oil steam distillation?
- What oil yield can I achieve myself when distilling?
- Current developments and new features you can find in our free Newsletter.
Instructions and Pictures
You will find the following instructions here to make your own essential oil and hydrosol:
- Make your own scented oil – herbal water – floral water in 5 steps: What are essential oils? How to distill herbs and blossoms yourself – a short guide with the most important points how to make essential oils and hydrosols at home.
- Production process for fragrance essences and toilet water in pictures: How to make essential oils from herbs using dill as an example.
- Lavender oil distillation and yield
- Yield of essential oils with steam distillation
- Further info you find in our Books – Make Essential Oil at Home, in our Videos – How do you Make Essential Oils, in the Making Essential Oil Classes and our Blog – Moonshine, Essential Oil and Vinegar.
Or do you simply have questions about distilling essential oils and hydrosols, or the oil still:
- Specialist questions – How to make essential oils: You can ask questions on the topic of essential oils and hydrosols here. They will then be answered by Dr. Schmickl and Dr. Malle.
- Recipes – How to make essential oils at home: Exchange recipes for aromatic oils, blossom water, perfumes etc. with other forum participants. Or do you have your own good and original recipe? More than 120 plants for the essential oil steam distillation you find in our eBook – Essential Oil Recipes.
- Discussion on making your own essential oil and hydrosols: Discuss with other forum participants about harvesting and crushing the plants, distilling the oil and herbal waters, guides for constructing an oil still,…
The Still to Make Essential Oils
Information on buying a small oil still and for homemade stills:
- 6 rules – How to make essential oil stills
- In our shop you will find essential oil stills, bottles, books. We only stock selected branded goods, and our stills are made exclusively for us.