Expertise on making essential oils and hydrosols
- Can I make essential oils and hydrosols myself?
- How can I separate the essential oil from the plant water?
- Which still is optimal for steam distillation?
- Which plants can I use for oil distillation?
- What oil yield can I achieve myself when distilling?
Instructions and pictures
You will find the following instructions here for making scented oil – herbal water – floral water:
- Make your own scented oil – herbal water – floral water in 5 steps: How to distil herbs and blossoms yourself – a short guide with the most important points for making aromatic oil and blossom water yourself.
- Production process for fragrance essences and toilet water in pictures: Making an essential oil using dill as an example
- Lavender oil distillation and yield
- Yield of essential oils with steam distillation
Or do you simply have questions about distilling essential oils and hydrosols, or the oil still:
- Specialist questions: You can ask questions on the topic of essential oils and hydrosols here. They will then be answered by Dr. Schmickl and Dr. Malle.
- Recipes for aromatic oils, toilet water, perfume: Exchange recipes for aromatic oils, blossom water, perfumes etc. with other forum participants. Or do you have your own good and original recipe?
- Discussion on making essential oils, hydrosols and stills you can construct yourself: Discuss different topics with other forum participants about distilling essential oils and herbal waters, or guides for constructing an oil still.
Information on buying a small oil still and for homemade stills:
- 6 rules for constructing or buying a still